Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fancy's from around the globe

The big globe at the back I have owned since 1982 when my parents bought it in India. I lived in Bangalore from 1982-84 and my Mum bought all sorts of things that I still have today. The globe is a bit out of date now and still features the USSR but it has survived okay considering it was stolen by a friends boyfriend for a few years in the 90's and he refused to give it back. I eventually retreived it but it does have a slight dent now...nice one Joel. On the bottom left is a Big Fat Mama Tea Cannister, I picked up a set of 4 in New Orleans last year. I did wonder if it was offensive to buy them but they were selling them in the middle of New Orleans so I think not. The yellow tea pot is from the Subiaco Markets and is quite tacky, but in a good way. The right hand doll is also from New Orleans and is beautifully made with a soft body and porcelain head, legs and arms. I found it in a little antique store in Louisiana and the owner of the store said she found a whole box of these little dolls in an attic somewhere, she thinks they were from the 50's.

No comments:

Post a Comment