Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cape Town Wooden Figures - Working Men

These wooden figures depicting traditional working roles aren't really anitque but they are collectible and sit proudly in the middle of my fire place. I bought these in Cape Town in 2007, I think they are an engineer, a soldier, a doctor, a tobacco company owner and a pimp although I am probably wrong ;) I am kidding I am not really sure what the last two are supposed to be protraying but they certainly look stupendous. To think that a group of South Africa's work full time carving and painting these little guys. I can think of worse jobs. I do have another figure but I drilled it to my fence to stop my dog getting out and to look decorative. It didn't stop my dog getting out but it does look cute on my fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment