Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Compact #33 - Trio-ette Triple compact

1940s Vintage House of Plate' Ivory or Cream Trio-ette (Trioette) Celluloid Triple Vanity Compact. It is a cool little compact as it holds loose face powder, rouge and lipstick, the lipstick tube inserts into the handle. These compacts come in several colours but I like the ivory ones as the others tend to look at bit cheap and tacky in my opinion. I purchased this Trioette on Ebay but I don't tend to buy compacts on Ebay much anymore. I find it much more rewarding finding my compacts in little antique shops when I travel overseas or at market stalls where you have to dive through the crap to find your pearl. I display my compact collection in a big wooden cabinet and I tend to look more fondly on the compacts that have a story behind them. Memories make better collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment