Thursday, October 29, 2009

Compact #26 - Flying Birds Compact

Compact #26 - Flying Birds Compact - I think this is a Stratton compact but I will have to check my bibles:
1) Vintage Ladies' Compacts, Second Edition, by Roselyn Gerson - I bought this book on Amazon from the US, it is very extensive with about 300 pages and features a wide variety of compacts. There is so much choice when it comes to compacts as every woman owned one or more compacts from the 20's to the 60's so there are gazillions of different types. You could never collect them all and as you probably know if you are a collector, things can get out of hand especially if you have an addictive personality like me. Luckily I have managed to restrict myself as I have made a rule not to buy on Ebay, this limits my opportunities to splash my cash around.
I am a member of Roselyn Gerson's Compact Collector Club based in New York and she sends me a copy of the newsletter"Powder Puff" four times a year. It's a great read :)
2) Powder Compacts: A Collector's Guide,by Juliette Edwards - I bought this full colour collectors guide in Cape Town in a 2nd hand shop. It features some great compacts and includes really helpful & interesting information about the different compact brands, manufacturers, patents and eras of compact styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment